Minutes - June 20, 2009Posted August 4, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Filed Under: Minutes
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER – The June 20, 2009 BCA Board of Directors Master Plan Meeting was called to order by President Rowe at 8 AM at the Harbour Pointe Clubhouse, 13800 Harbour Pointe Road, Midlothian, VA 23112. Directors Bradner, Friedel, Guthrie, Livingston, McGinniss and McLenagan, Community Manager Pritz and Recorder Judy Agee were present.
2. MEMBER VOICE – Marie Stella of Cove Ridge stated she didn't feel an early Saturday morning meeting was a good meeting time for residents especially if the board was looking for resident input on the Master Plan. She noted that several items in the plan should be discussed by residents before implementation.
3. ADOPTION OF MASTER PLAN – During discussion, the board noted the Master Plan prepared by designforum is a guideline with recommendations for consideration by the board.
Director McLenagan chaired this portion of the meeting.
The board noted that committees and residents will have an opportunity to review the plan recommendations when they are presented for consideration and that the Master Plan will be updated as recommendations are acted on.
MOTION: Director McLenagan moved to adopt the Master Plan to be used as a tool for strategic planning that the board and future boards will solicit community input as needed for the adoption of any specific projects.
MOTION SECONDED: Director Guthrie
MOTION CARRIED: Unanimously
4. MASTER PLAN/STRATEGIC PLAN DISCUSSION –
a. Define Committees – Director Friedel distributed copies of the General Policies for Committee Operations and the BCA Organization & Committee Charters, which are still pending approval. The board agreed to table discussion of the committees.
b. Define Priorities – After discussing the suggested recommendations as outlined in the Master Plan, the board selected six projects that were given top priority and defined the committee that would handle the implementation. They also noted additional projects planned for consideration in 2010.
-Restructure BCA committees – Board of Directors
-Redevelop Market Square to include the Cheatham property and additional retail facilities – Board of Directors
-Trails/Path Signage – Improve and extend trails by adding signage and adding more curb cuts for handicap accessibility – Environmental Committee
- Facilities – Look at improving current facilities (HP Clubhouse, pools) and potential new facilities (such as community center) – Facilities Committee
- Major Parkways – Trim back parkways for better visibility and safety – Environmental Committee
- Universal Pool Access – Look at possible referendum and documenting costs of updating the pools and the cost to residents – Facilities Committee
Additional Priorities: Continue adding stonewalls to neighborhood entrances; Use parking stickers for residents using boating facilities; Upgrade current playground areas as needed and identify new areas; Promote community spirit with new events and activities; Update BCA Covenants; Negotiate with contractors to offer lower rates to residents for leaf pickup; Transportation advocacy to improve transportation issues such as the Old Hundred Road Study; Approve an ethics code for board and committee members; Provide additional landscaping and address drainage problem areas; Continue environmental protection of the reservoir; Correct flood plain for Nuttree Creek; Continue to look at relocation of the marina.
5. ADJOURNMENT –
MOTION: Director Friedel moved to adjourn the June 20, 2009 Board of Directors meeting at 12 Noon.
MOTION SECONDED: President Rowe
MOTION CARRIED: Unanimously
Jane Pritz, CMCA®, AMS® Joyce Rowe, President
Community Manager/Secretary Board of Directors
Brandermill Community Assoc., Inc. Brandermill Community Assoc., Inc.