BCA-managed swim lessons are offered to members of all ages and skill levels. The BCA Learn-to-Swim Program offers swim instruction/water safety classes in private, semi-private, or group settings and is tailored to the participant’s specific needs. All swim lessons are taught by certified American Red Cross and YMCA swim instructors.
All lessons are sold in packages of eight (8) thirty (30) minute sessions. Once payment and registration form are received, an instructor will be assigned and contact the participant within 48 hours. All swim lessons will be scheduled between the instructor and the participant(s) availability.
Please download from the Google Drive file in order to fill out the form. You may email the form back to [email protected]. You may also print and return the form to the BCA office.
Adapted Aquatics Private Lessons (all ages)- Adapted Aquatics program offers individualized swimming instruction for individuals with physical or intellectual disabilities.
Parent/Child Group Lessons (6 months – 2 years old)– Parents are taught to safely work with their child in the water, how to encourage the child to participate fully, and try different skills.
Preschool Group Lessons (3-5 years old)- Orients children to water safety in the aquatic environment and gain basic aquatic skills – blowing bubbles, front and back floats with support, and more. Builds upon skills learned in the previous class in a step-by-step progression.
Level 1-5 Group Lessons (5-12 years old)– Helps participants feel comfortable in the water. Elementary aquatic skills are taught. Gives participants success with fundamental skills. Each level builds on skills from the previous level. Front crawl, elementary backstroke, flutter, scissor, dolphin kicks, and treading water is introduced. Develops confidence in strokes learned in previous levels. Back/breaststrokes are introduced. Coordination and refinement of all swimming strokes to increase swimming longer distances.
· Level 1 – For the beginner who is comfortable in the water. Swimmers learn the basics of swimming: bobbing, going underwater, supported front and back floating, supported rolling over from front to back and back to front, supported gliding, supported flutter kick, supported front crawl arms, and jumping in.
· Level 2 – Swimmers should already be able to float on front and back and put their head underwater. Swimmers will work on independent front and back floating, independent rolling over from front to back and back to front, independent front and back glides, front crawl arms and kicks, back crawl arms and kicks, retrieving underwater objects, and jumping into water over their head.
· Level 3 – Swimmers should already be comfortable swimming front stroke and swimming on their back. Swimmers will work on gliding, freestyle with side breathing, backstroke, breaststroke, and dolphin kicks, retrieving objects in deeper water, treading water, jumping into deep water, and compact dives.
· Level 4 – Swimmers should already be able to: swim front and back crawl 25 yards. Swimmers will work on rotary breathing, freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, scissors kick and sidestroke, whip kick and breaststroke, intro to turning at the wall, treading water with modified scissors, and diving in kneeling position.
· Level 5 – Swimmers should already be able to: swim freestyle, breaststroke, and backstroke 25 yards, scissors kick, whip kick, treading water, and dive. Swimmers will work on alternate breathing, stride jump, refinement of freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, dolphin kick and butterfly, open turn on front and back, feet-first surface dive, and treading water.
Teen/Adult Beginner Group Lessons (ages 13+)– Designed to help participants gain aquatic skills and swimming strokes. Learn skills and concepts needed to stay in and around the water.
Advanced Participant Private Lessons– Improves specific techniques, gain overall confidence, and focus on advanced and competitive swimming skills with our one-on-one class.
Learn-to-Swim Lesson Prices
|Private Swim Lessons (1-on-1 instruction)||$200.00 – 8 x 30 minute lessons|
|Semi-Private Swim Lessons (2 participants)||$180.00 – 8 x 30 minute lessons. Cost is per participant|
|Group Swim Lessons (3-5 participants)||$150.00 – 8 x 30 minute lessons. Cost is per participant|