Brandermill Community Association

Public Roadways and Neighborhood Streets

The public roadways throughout the Community including the roads and streets within individual neighborhoods are owned and maintained by Chesterfield County and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). This includes ditches, some drainage areas, streams and waterways. The BCA will not repair roads or remove leaves or debris from roadways as they are owned by VDOT.

If you notice a roadway concern, be-it repairs needed, debris/objects in the road, sign or signal repairs, please visit the VDOT website where you can Report A Road Problem with a couple button clicks or call 800-For-Road (800-367-7623). The Virginia Department of Transportation may or may not immediately respond to a request and often have unexpected and irregular response times.

Click here to report a pothole

Lights; Neighborhood Watch Lights and Street Lamps

Street Lights and Watch Lamps throughout the BCA community and parks, along roadways and neighborhood entrances are owned and maintained by Dominion Energy Inc. (formerly Dominion Virginia Power).

If you see a concern with lighting or need to report an outage please contact Dominion Energy by visiting their website, where you can enter the information electronically. You can also call 866-366-4357 to report an outage or issue. Dominion Energy Inc. may or may not immediately respond to a request and often have unexpected and irregular response times.

County Code Compliance

Chesterfield County representatives have recently come to Brandermill for a series of community lectures, full of useful information. In case you missed it, here’s a recap.

Chesterfield County Code Compliance-

Community Enhancement enforcement code and license inspectors enforce codes and ordinances that promote clean, attractive, and safe neighborhoods and businesses. Zoning and code compliance help promote the health, safety, and general welfare of Chesterfield County residents by designating the types of buildings, businesses, and activities that are acceptable in specific zoning districts.

The Code Compliance office also works to promote community in neighborhoods that do not have HOAs. The department has found that by engaging homeowners with others in their communities, neighborhood upkeep increases.

Common concerns submitted through the ELM portal include:

  • Animal concerns, including dogs
  • Fence concerns
  • Property maintenance
  • Tall grass and weeds
  • Trash and discarded materials
  • Unlicensed business
  • Unlicensed or inoperable vehicles

The process for the county is to send a first notice and give the homeowner 30-60 days to correct the problem. In some cases, a second notice will be sent before a fine could be applied.

Want to report a vehicle parked incorrectly or an RV/trailer/boat parked on the street? 804-748-1500.

Would you like some help fixing your home? Did you know that you can apply to Project Homes? Click here.