Don’t forget ARB OK before starting new projects

Posted March 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Filed Under: BCA News, Community News, Front Page - Announcements, Village Mill

Many residents will soon be starting a variety of home improvement projects. As a general rule, if your project includes any changes to the outside appearance of your home, an application for approval must be submitted to the BCA Architectural Review Board.

Applications and materials for all home/property improvements, additions, paint colors, roofs, siding, and fences, etc. must be received at the BCA office by 4:30 p.m. on the Monday eight days prior to the ARB meeting. ARB meetings are held at the BCA office the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. Applicants’ attendance is helpful, but not mandatory.

For more information, please call the BCA at 744-1035.
There are five general applications.

• Color Approval
This form is used for changes in exterior colors on a home or for a new roof. For paint colors, the color name or number, the manufacturer’s name and a color chip are required. For new roofs, the manufacturer’s name, color of the roof, a sample, and the warranty are required.
• Fence, Landscaping & Lighting Application
Residents submit this form to apply for a fence or dog pen in a yard or for screening boats, trailers, propane tanks and other mechanical equipment. A fence application must include a plat of the property showing where the fence or enclosure is to be located as well as a description of the style of fencing to be used, including the height. This application is also used for major landcaping projects and lighting fixtures that are being added or changed.
• Home Improvement Application
This form is used for many types of projects including additions, sheds, deck extensions, replacement windows or doors, skylights, and awnings. Depending on the type of project, this application may require a plat, floor plans and scale drawings of all elevations, dimensions and roof pitches as well as exterior materials and finishes.
• Vinyl Application
Residents who wish to install vinyl siding must complete and submit this application with a sample of the vinyl in the color that will be used. The application includes the standards for vinyl installation in Brandermill as well as nominal wall thickness.
• New Home Application
This includes all the paperwork required for the two-stage review process for new homes and the Certificate of Compliance to be completed by the community architect when the home is complete. Application, including all supportive drawings and information, must be received at the BCA office by 4:30 p.m. on the Monday eight days prior to the ARB meeting. Residents should allow up to 10 days after the review to receive a response. Verbal approvals are not granted.