Brandermill Community Association operates a boat rental program throughout the summer. The Brandermill Boating Center is located on the southeastern shoreline of Swift Creek Reservoir next to the boat launching ramp in Sunday Park.
For further information on boat rules and registration, refer to BCA Boating Rules & Regulations or call the BCA office at 804-744-1035.
The Boating Center rents puffers, sunfish, sailboats, jon boats, paddle boats, canoes and kayaks. Personal flotation devices, sails and oars are also provided. Jon boat renters may bring their own battery-powered motors or rent an electric motor from the Boating Center. No gasoline motors are allowed.
- In order to rent a boat, one must be a Brandermill Community Association member in good standing or a tenant at least 18 years of age. Tenants are considered to be association members.
- A boat rental form must be completed and signed with the Boating Center staff.
- An association member must be proficient at sailing to rent a sailboat and may be asked by the boat attendant to demonstrate sailing ability.
- All occupants will be fitted for a personal flotation device which must be kept on board the boat at all times. (United States Coast Guard requirement.)
- The member who signs the rental form is responsible for all damaged or lost equipment.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on boats.
- No glass containers are permitted on boats.
- No pets are permitted on boats.
- Swimming from rental boats is prohibited. Violations of the rules and restrictions may result in the loss of rental privileges.
Hours of Operation
- The BCA Boating Center is open only in the summer from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. every Thursday through Sunday and holidays (weather permitting). The phone number is 804-464-5945.
- Boats must be rented before 5 p.m. and returned before 6:30 p.m.
- The boat rental program operates from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
|BranderBelle pontoon with captain - May through October - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Reservations required at 804-744-1035. 12 people limit.||$100 per ride with a maximum of 10 guests, additional guest is $10 per person.|
|American 14.6 sailboat||$33/2 hours; $16.50/ extra hour; $50/all day - 1 to 6:30 p.m.|
|Puffers, Sunfish, Canoe, Kayak, Jon Boat, and Sailboat||$25/2 hours; $12/extra hour
$36/all day 1 to 6:30 p.m.
|Motor & Battery||$12/2 hours; $6/extra hour; $17/all day - 1 to 6:30 p.m.|
Check or money order will be accepted for payment.
Boaters on Swift Creek Reservoir are dependent upon the rescue services of Chesterfield County for emergencies. Dial 911.
Members who wish to use their own boats may use BCA facilities in Sunday Park, The Landing at Commodore Point, Harbour Pointe, or Waterside Park in Cove Ridge. Boat launching ramps are located at Sunday Park and The Landing. Temporary parking spaces are available for vehicles and trailers of day fishermen in the Sunday Park overflow lot. Any resident using boat ramps must present a trailer license number to the BCA to receive a parking permit and display the permit on the rear view mirror of the vehicle.
All residents over 16 years are required to have a current Virginia Game and Inland Fisheries Fishing License and adhere to their Rules and Regulations.