Morning house fire is caused by a faulty wirePosted March 4, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Filed Under: Front Page, Village Mill
This morning at 8:19 a.m., the Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to a report of a house fire in Birnam Woods. Fire crews arrived to find smoke and fire located in a garage attached to the home at 2204 Birnam Woods Place. The residents were able to evacuate without injury.
It took fire crews about 15 minutes to get the fire under control. Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading into the living space of the home, enabling the homeowners to stay in the residence.
Chesterfield County fire marshals determined the fire was caused by a faulty cable wire in the garage.